Happy Drains Blog

Drain issues – Does my insurance cover it?

You’ve identified a drainage issue and after attempting to resolve the problem yourself, without much luck of fixing it, you require one of our expert engineers to attend your property.  

When they arrive the first thing they will do if required, is an extensive CCTV survey of your drainage systems. In a nutshell, this will involve us using a pinhole camera which can check every inch of piping leading into and out of your property and surrounding areas. This will then be presented back to you in a comprehensive report, outlining the potential blockages and we’ll then explain how this can be resolved and the overall costs. If we don’t identify any issues, the CCTV Survey is free of charge. Find out more here. 

Can I claim on my home or business insurance?

Many home insurance companies now include plumbing and drain faults as part of their overall policies now. If your insurance company covers this for your home or company premises, this will normally fall under accidental damage. Here at Happy Drains we can manage the claim for you and with the insurance company directly on your behalf. If you would like us to do this, then we will need your authority, as part of FCA regulations. You can view this here.

We will then send our CCTV survey report to your insurance company including the quote for the job to be completed. Once authorised, we will go ahead and complete the work and then keep you informed through your insurers.

Whichever route you decide to take to resolve your potential drainage issue, we’ll be able to support you every step of the way and to give you peace of mind. 

If you require one of our expert engineers to visit your property or would like to know more about insurance claims you can contact us on 07824 757572 / 0800 849 8099 or email service@happydrains.co.uk